Friday, March 28, 2008

Breakfast in Galilee

Green of the countryside, wind in the trees
Dew on the roses, spring in the breeze
March of His soldier beating his drum
Source of sea's waves as swiftly they come

Washing and buffing our outermost shore
Where no power of man has ever before
Created and breathed life in the midst of the dead
Where water springs eternal- as so You have said
My eyes You have opened
On Your water I sputter
My mind You have cleared from the noise and the clutter
You call me to shore from the boat where I toil
Like Peter I swim from my world to dry soil

'It's the Lord!' It was said by him whom You love

I swim to You madly, my need for You grows
I want You to love me with that love that John knows
But yet I know firmly it is already mine
It is and it was from the dawn of all time

Because even today…

You catch all the fish and you give us the merit
You've purchased our souls that we may inherit
This intimate moment we share as fish fries
As dawn breaks above us in opal crisp skies
This moment is ours on Tiberias' shore
This one, Beloved, and so many more

As family you've bid that we share in Your feast,

With an eternity of chances to fix what we've damaged
As we look to our brother, as thrice he did manage
To remind us all gently that yes, we shall fall
But faithfully, surely, You follow and call
You bid us to shore to share in your meal
Like Peter I swim, and like Peter I'm healed.

No comments: