Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Hidden Kingdom

Just as your majesty is veiled by a small white Host;
Just as your mother’s pure and spotless beauty was clothed in humility;
So do I wish to be veiled
So do I wish to be hidden
It is not in earthly pleasures I shall seek my comfort
For I have found my only treasure in You.
I did not find my treasure in the place where I saw the crowds trample before me;
I looked in barns and stables
I looked among the poor and the lost
And there I found You;
Encased in dirt,
And in the downtrodden baggage of human misery
I was looking with the wrong eyes before
But how quietly and knowingly I now gaze upon You;
Enamored,
In awe. Because:
You have hidden these things from the world’s nobles
And You have revealed all this to only the simplest of hearts.

No comments: