Saturday, April 28, 2007

Diamonds

I'm feeling a little less creative today, but I am still feeling like I want to write something. So I will turn to Luke to speak instead...

" The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of the possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. With great power the apostles bore winess to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great favour was accorded them all. There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses would sell them, bring the proceeds of the cale, and put them at the feet of the apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need." Acts 4: 32-37

Imagine imagine living like this on a national level..one person's material poverty as the responsibility of the community...oh simplicity, will you ever return?

Last night I watched the movie "Blood Diamond" ...I was really hesitant because I have been blissfully sheltered from pop culture for the past few months. I could not have predicted that the intense violence of the whole movie would have such an appreciated effect on me. You will have to watch it to know what I mean-I felt so sad- but my sadness forced me to confront my own ignorance and maybe even my subconscious indifference. The exploitation of the desperate(especially children) has become very real to me. Good job Hollywood...?...

No comments: