Monday, April 16, 2007

Saint Faustina has lots to say to me today

Give me books and let me learn!



" I did not know that the Lord had put so much happiness in these drab little corners. Now I understand that even in prison, there can burst forth from a pure heart, the fullness of love for You, O Lord! External Love means nothing to pure love; its cuts through them all. Neither prison doors nor the gates of heaven are strong enough to stop it. It reaches God Himself, and nothing can quench it. It knows no obstacles; it is free like a queen and has free access to all places. Death itself must bow its head.. " (201)

" I fervently beg the Lord to strengthen my faith, so that in my drab, everyday life I will not be guided by human dispositions, but by those of the spirit. Oh, how everything drags man towards the earth! But lively faith maintains the soul in the higher regions and assigns self-love its proper place; that is to say, the lowest one." (210)

No comments: